Sometimes I want to save our favorite recipes on the blog, but I hesitate for lack of a picture.
Hesitant no longer.
You probably shouldn’t Pin this photo, but you should most definitely bake these cookies.
We prefer them not because they are unusual but because they are so perfectly usual. Soft, chocolatey (not raisin-ey), and sort of healthy tasting in a definitively desserty way.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 C butter softened
- 1 C brown sugar packed
- ½ C white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 C flour (all purpose and whole wheat both work well)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 C oats
- 1 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 C chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Mix in the oats. Add chocolate chips last. Drop by spoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack (or your mouth).