Friday Favorites is a weekly round up of my favorite stories and products from around the web. See what I’ve loved in the past here.
- This post about exploring Greece with REI has me all sorts of crazy to go back.
- The high cost of admission to many national parks is a real problem for many would-be visitors, but Outside offers an objective look at why those high prices may be justified.
- I’ve found my next road trip: the Oregon Cheese and Food Trail. Who’s with me?
- My parents got to go to Hawaii a few years ago, and I was super jealous (but also so happy for them). If it weren’t already on my bucket list, this video from More Than Just Parks would definitely force my hand. (Actually, you should check out all of MTJP’s stuff. I need to see more parks!)
- When Brett and I have kids, you can bet yer boots I’m going to subject them to crazy photo shoots like these by brilliant dad-ographer, John Wilhelm.
- I’m not allowed to have pets in my apartment, but maybe one of these adorable resin koi ponds would be okay.
- If you’re looking for a new creative hobby, I highly recommend embroidery. Here are 10 embroidery tutorials you can watch for free on YouTube.
- Artist’s Network has a great list of ways to get more color into your life—I mean, your sketchbook.
- I’m not a gamer, but if I was, these are exactly the sort of visuals I’d want to see on my screen.
- Put the Roundup away and break out the forks instead: here are 10 edible weeds you can find in your own backyard.
- Whether you want to grow flowers to sell or just want to make your bouquets last a little longer, Floret Flower Farm has a variety of awesome resources for all you flower lovers out there.
- Ireland and the UK are experiencing a pretty serious heatwave, but it’s not all bad—the hot, dry temperatures have helped archaeologists find a previously unidentified henge.
- I love this cute video about racehorses and their non-equine buddies.
- They may have fallen off the radar for the media, but they haven’t fallen off the radar for the Lord. Elder Holland recently called on us to refocus our efforts to help refugees around the world.
- President Oaks’ advice to his daughter as her mother was dying of cancer is really poignant.
- I really needed this article on how failure is part of the plan.
- This video by Elder Christofferson is a good reminder that we need the Lord’s help every. single. day.
- A whole lot of people are at risk of losing the ability to use SNAP benefits at farmer’s markets. That is bad for consumers and farmers alike.
- Civil Eats has a fascinating expose on the single farm group that’s wreaking havoc in Rural America.
- Do you struggle with knowing whether or not your food is sustainable? Well, there’s an app for that.
- I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this TED talk about the scientists on a mission to save one of the Earth’s last wild places.