– I love apples. I love making homemade applesauce, and one of my favourite days ever was going to pick apples in an orchard with my Mom and some friends. Fruit trees are a definite must on my future farm.
So when Mom sent me a link to this awesome video about apples, I was surprised by just how much I didn’t know about this fantastic little fruit. It’s part of a web series called How Does it Grow? I haven’t watched any of the other videos yet, but if they’re anything like the first, they’ll be full of lots of interesting information.
Also, I want this girl’s job. Making videos about agriculture? YES PLEASE.
– I love that my parents are so aware of the things I’m passionate about, and they send me stuff they know I’ll be interested in. This one comes via my dad. It’s a really eye-opening article about the history of the universe, and why scientists are thinking their timelines may be a little bit off.
– A few weeks ago, I mentioned that author Janice Hardy was open for questions about writing. I submitted a question about how to write convincing double agent characters, and she wrote a whole post about it!
– How much do you know about GMOs? Take this handy quiz and find out.
– And finally, I’m taking a Sustainable Development module right now, and yesterday, we watched this great documentary on population and potential. It’s an hour long, but well worth your time.
What are your favourites for the week?